Friday, 5 September 2008

5th September 08

We did nothing today, partly because the weather has been worse than it has been all week! It hasnt stopped raining all day! And partly because its Daves Birthday. One job we did get donw was defrosting the freezer!!

Thursday, 4 September 2008

4th September 08

Jim started by mounting the brackets on the boiler ready to attach the rest of the system. Jim and Jack also moved a bulkhead with a base for the washing machine in the crews cabin into the right position for mounting the machine on its frame. In the afternoon we had enough sun to get outside! Jim sanded some fairing and Jack went round filling in any cracks in the fairing with epoxy. Lastly we drew up the final plan for the heating system with the help of an expert called Bill.

Wednesday, 3 September 2008

3rd September 2008

Today Jim and Jack fitted the brackets for the hydraulics to support the lines from the engine room up to the forecabin for the windlass and the bow thrusters, also the clips for the central heating pipe which runs in a complete circuit around the boat. Dave fitted the last piece of the steering shaft in the aft cabin. The weather is too poor for what needs to be done on the outside of the boat, laser the waterline on, paint on the copper anti-foul and the final coat of paint. For that we need a good run of dry weather as well as a low humidity- looks like we could be waiting a while!

Tuesday, 2 September 2008

2nd September 08

Today we started with drilling more holes! This time for the hydraulics! Amazingly they are still not the last! Jim mounted the heat exchanger in the engine room. Jack cleaned the last of 'that' paint job off the tender, now all she needs is an outboard! We also cleaned and painted all the holes we have drilled so far so that they will not rust. Dave went shopping for the boiler fuel in/out attachments plus clips and nipples for the hydraulics, he also bought a whiteboard so now were organised(ish).

Monday, 1 September 2008

1st September 08

A few more small jobs today, stripped a dodgy paint job done by the previous owners daughter from the tender. Drilled some more holes in the interior for the electric circuit which were getting pretty slick at now! A boat surveyor called George came this morning to do take some mesurements which are needed to register the boat.

Sunday, 31 August 2008

31st August

We have a photo archive of the build from the start!

Did a few small jobs today, Patched some holes in the fairing which were caused when levelling the boat. Did some final bits of sanding on the hull ready for the next coat. Carried on with the tender, fixed the puncture but then discovered the inflation valve needed some attention. Also added some more fairing to the transom to try and get the final shape.